Why should you choose Balcas Energy ENplus® A1 certified wood pellets?
A key advantage of ENplus® is that pellet quality is managed throughout the entire supply chain including production, storage, and transport to the end consumer.
At Balcas Energy, our locally manufactured Wood pellets are ENplus® A1 & BSL certified. We have listed a comprehensive list of our certificates and accreditations on this page, where we let customers see and download any document they need for their peace of mind and high-quality proofing – Our company can also be found on the official ENplus® A1 quality scheme website.
We control these high-quality standards since we manipulate the trees and timber, through the sustainable local manufacturing process in our two plants in Northern Ireland and Scotland through the entire delivery with our special fleet, and to your home or business address.
Please click on the image to see the specifications of our wood pellets compared to the ENplus® A1 quality scheme requirements.
What are the potential issues with using non ENplus®A1 certified wood pellets?
With customers using noncertified wood pellets, they are most likely going to encounter one of the following:
- Higher ash content –up to 10 times greater. More ash means less energy efficiency and increased boiler maintenance.
- Lower ash melting temperature – greater risk of clinker causing blockages on the grate and reduced efficiencies.
- Higher chlorine contents – The risk of accelerated heat exchanger corrosion in your biomass appliance.
- Higher percentage fines content due to lower durability.
- Very high chance of causing your appliance problems as soon as they enter the fuel delivery system. Non-certified pellets will look similar to certified pellets, you cannot tell the difference just from a visual inspection but they could behave very differently in your boiler.