As a reminder, wood pellets are a compressed form of wood biomass and can be used in stoves and boilers for fuel, as an alternative to fossil fuels. Continue to scroll to read the key benefits of using wood pellets in the long run.
These are five key benefits of using wood pellets in the long run:
- A cost-effective fuel – Wood pellet prices have been extremely steady over the past decade, while all other energy sources change dramatically within the market.
- The carbon footprint of wood pellets – Pellet fuel can produce one-tenth the carbon as heating with oil. If the forest the wood pellet material is sourced from is managed sustainably, the carbon footprint is significantly reduced in comparison with fossil fuel heat. This is why in Balcas Energy we pride ourselves with our sustainability story.
- Forests can directly benefit – By using environmentally reliable sources for production, burning pellets releases fewer carbon emissions than if trees were left to decompose in the forest. This allows modern forestry organisations to enhance the rate of carbon elimination from the environment by replanting new trees which absorb CO2.
- Wood pellets are natural – When it comes to using pellets, there are no chemicals or dangerous extracts included that could be harmful to you or the environment. Pellet fuel is made from scratch using green energy and high-quality material from trees grown in sustainable forests.
- Storing is very easy – Wood pellets can be stored in any dry room. They are not easy to ignite and do not pose a significant fire hazard. Whereas fossil fuels such as fuel oil, gas, diesel fuel, and coal are easily flammable and contain have harmful odours.
Here at Balcas, we want to ensure you have as much information as possible based on our fuel. If you have any queries surrounding this topic, please check out our frequently asked questions section or give us a call on +44 (0) 28 6641 1001 or email [email protected]. Alternatively, you can contact at any time via our Contact Form online – a member of our team will get back to you ASAP.