Here at Balcas Energy, we want to make your user experience with us very unique which is why we are constantly updating our website to ensure online ordering for wood pellets is easy for you!
We encourage all our customers who order 8 tonnes or below to use online ordering for wood pellets to avail of more competitive prices. Please follow the steps below if you are unsure how to operate our online ordering system.
Step-by-step guide to placing an online order
- Type Balcasenergy.com into your search bar.
- On the home page, please click order now on the right-hand side.
- Fill out your details, select the product you desire, and when you are happy with the information inserted, please click view price.
- Click Proceed with the order.
- Enter your details but make sure to have the same email as provided in step 3.
- Order summary – read and select delivery guidelines and terms and conditions.
- Pay for your order.
- You will receive an email confirmation with delivery information when the order is placed.
Take note – To Register an account, you need to have an account. Your account number can be found in your order confirmation email. If you don’t have an account or haven’t ordered before, please proceed to get a quote.
If you encounter any issues when using our online ordering system, please contact us and a member of our customer support team will help place your order.
You can order online 24/7 by visiting our Online Shop:
How do we make our Wood Pellets?
We make our wood pellet fuel with green energy in our two local plants in Enniskillen (Northern Ireland) and Invergordon (Scotland). We use a sustainable manufacturing process, by using renewable energy and the highest quality material.
The renewable energy used to manufacture the pellet fuel is generated on-site thanks to the co-products of all Balcas saw-milling activities. That’s what makes our manufacturing operations be powered by green electricity possible.
Why should you choose Balcas Energy ENplus® A1 certified pellets?
A key advantage of ENplus® is that pellet quality is managed throughout the entire supply chain including production, storage, and transport to the end consumer.
At Balcas Energy, our locally manufactured Wood pellets are ENplus® A1 & BSL certified. We have listed a comprehensive list of our certificates and accreditations on this page, where we let customers see and download any document they need for their peace of mind and high-quality proofing – Our company can also be found on the official ENplus® A1 quality scheme website.
We control these high-quality standards since we manipulate the trees and timber, through the sustainable local manufacturing process in our two plants in Northern Ireland and Scotland through the entire delivery with our special fleet, and to your home or business address.
What are the potential issues with using non ENplus®A1 certified pellets?
With customers using noncertified wood pellets, they are most likely going to encounter one of the following:
- Higher ash content –up to 10 times greater. More ash means less energy efficiency and increased boiler maintenance.
- Lower ash melting temperature – greater risk of clinker causing blockages on the grate and reduced efficiencies.
- Higher chlorine contents – The risk of accelerated heat exchanger corrosion in your biomass appliance.
- Higher percentage fines content due to lower durability.
- Very high chance of causing your appliance problems as soon as they enter the fuel delivery system. Non-certified pellets will look similar to certified pellets, you cannot tell the difference just from a visual inspection but they could behave very differently in your boiler.
Balcas Energy Team