Here are Five reasons why all our Tomorrows Depend on Trees and how Balcas Energy supports the fight against climate change:
1. Carbon Dioxide is warming the earth and accelerating climate change. Trees absorb CO2 and store it.
2. Balcas Energy is made from fast growing softwood – we plant four trees for every one we harvest, offsetting any CO2 released.
3. By making our business local, we are supporting a sustainable timber industry that is making increased forest cover a reality in the UK and Ireland. Ireland wants to increase its forest cover by 64% by 2050. The UK wants to increase its forest cover by 19% by 2050.
4. Trees are the ultimate renewable resource – we can grow them right here without having to worry about global market price fluctuations.
5. Moving from fossil fuels to Balcas Energy’s locally produced wood pellets results in a 100% reduction in carbon emissions.
How we make our wood pellets?
We sustainably manufacture our wood pellets in our two plants located in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland, and Invergordon, Scotland.
We make them with renewable energy and high quality material. So our operations are powered by green electricity. We generate this on site thanks to the co-products of all Balcas saw-milling activities.
The original timber is either spruce or pine, which are all locally sourced from sustainably managed forests.